The NFT collection featuring Donald Trump saw an increased interest in the hours after the billionaire’s arrest.
Trump Digital Trading Card holders sold over 60 tokens following his appearance in the courtroom.
- According to data from the leading NFT marketplace OpenSea, digital art depicting Donald Trump has surged in popularity after he became the first former President of the USA to get detained.
- More than 60 users have purchased such tokens in the past 12 hours, with most spending approximately 0.5 ETH to acquire cryptographic images of the 76-year-old American posing on various backgrounds.
- The most expensive purchase occurred hours ago when an individual, going under the name of paraguanads.eth, bought a card featuring Trump with a rifle in his hand and wearing an orange hat for 0.697 ETH (around $1,333 at current prices).
- Despite being a harsh critic of the cryptocurrency sector, most specifically bitcoin, the previous political leader of the United States launched a personal NFT collection at the end of 2022.
- Purchases of such art give people a chance to meet Trump, while those who buy 45 NFTs could have dinner with him.
- The former President made the headlines recently after American prosecutors indicted him of 34 offenses.
- His main accusation is that he conducted business fraud over hush-money payments to ex-porn actress Stormy Daniels.
- The latter claimed she had a sexual relationship with Trump in 2016 (prior to his election as President) and that he paid her $130,000 to pay for her silence.
- On the other hand, the business magnate pleaded not guilty to all charges, maintaining the only crime he had conducted was “to fearlessly defend our nation from those who seek to destroy it.”
- He went further, describing the lawsuit against him as an “insult to our country.”
The post Donald Trump NFT Sales on the Rise Following his Arrest appeared first on CryptoPotato.